You did it!

This is just a test.  The only link to this page is from the QR code that I put in today’s post.  QR codes are all the rage . . at least at the moment.  They are not new they just have not caught on here in the US yet many are planning to use them or are using them as part of an internet marketing strategy.   I can read QR codes with my phone but I mostly don’t because I don’t like browsing the internet with my phone.  I would rather use a computer and rarely use my phone to look up information as I go unless it is an emergency and I have no other electronic device with me.  If you would be so kind as to leave a comment it would be appreciated. Let me know that you saw this or maybe share your opinions about QR codes.

This entry was posted in uncat. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to You did it!

1. Karen Rice says:

Thanks! 😀 I did know what they were but had no idea how to actually *use* them – I’m old fashioned and use my phone only for talking to other people or sending the occasional text. LOL

I suppose it would be a good idea to put these codes on property flyers. I don’t plan on ever being that high tech (having a phone capable of doing this stuff) but then again, I never planned on doing much with the Internet either beyond email….lol

2. Eric Hempler says:

So far I’ve used them on my newsletters and market reports.

3. teresa boardman says:

Eric,
    How is that working for you? I have been using it on flyers for years. I just do it so that I look smart.

4. Andy says:

QR Codes are interesting for marketing. The Delta Sky magazine had 5 of them in different ads throughout the magazine.

However, since we know it only works with smart phones, who are your trying to reach? People without smart phones will never see what you are promoting. Therefore the question will be, do you want to reach tech savy “haves” or not technical “have nots”?

5. Dana Jumper says:

Well, it worked, and I really like that the site the qr code links to is optimized for mobile. But, that’s the point, isn’t it? I think the codes will catch on, but like you, I’d much rather use a computer browser than a phone.

6. Mr. Yost says:

I decoded the URL, but I didn’t use my phone to do it.

7. Mark A. says:

Nice Teresa. What I actually like even better, is the fact that you’re using the WPtouch plugin on your blog. Very cool.

8. Ben Goheen says:

9. admin says:

This is my home made web site it is replacing my crappy template site. Not much to it but it is free and works better then the one I used to pay for. I use the wptouch plugin on all my sites. 🙂

10. admin says:

GEEK! 🙂

11. Molly says:

No, I am not a fan either!

12. This is actually one of the few QR Codes I could get to work on my crackberry. Most of the time it says code not found! I have hesitated in mentioning them to our agent population because we have other technology that will work on ALL cell phones, not just the fancy ones. I didn’t help that they are still very buggy on a Blackberry, so only Android and iPhone users can really do much with them (at the moment). I also had an associate make a QR Code with just his phone number…it took me longer to open the scanning program, scan it and then wait for it to come back with “do you want to call 123-456-7890 than it would have for me to just TYPE in the number. No, I am not a fan either!

13. I think these QR codes will continue to catch on. My new business card has one on it. When scanned, the person can automatically add my contact info to their address book.

14. Imogene Love says:

15. This is actually one of the few QR Codes I could get to work on my crackberry. Most of the time it says code not found! I have hesitated in mentioning them to our agent population because we have other technology that will work on ALL cell phones, not just the fancy ones. I didn’t help that they are still very buggy on a Blackberry, so only Android and iPhone users can really do much with them (at the moment). I also had an associate make a QR Code with just his phone number…it took me longer to open the scanning program, scan it and then wait for it to come back with “do you want to call 123-456-7890 than it would have for me to just TYPE in the number. No, I am not a fan either!

Comments are closed.